Cynthia and Co.

Cynthia and Co.
"My Junk Inspired L I F E"

Thursday

Altered Art Book | Love for the Rose and Mother


My altered art book today is to celebrate mothers, angels, and roses.  My overall favorite themesMother's Day is almost upon us and what better way to thank the women in our lives than to pay homage to all things feminine (with a little grunge), kind and sweet.

cynthia and co. | altered art book

This book started out as a chipboard 3- ring binder.  I added papers, ribbons, flowers, pre-made frames and then painted and embellished the photographs

cynthia and co. | altered art book
 I loved the little girl in the above photograph so much that I used her in a couple different books.  She is sullen but not totally unhappy.  Perhaps I identify with her!


cynthia and co. | altered art book

 Above are more hand painted flowers.  No digital trickery this time.


cynthia and co. | altered art book

Love, Love, Love the paper. 

cynthia and co. | altered art book
 Sometimes when time doesn't allow, or I am feeling lazy I will break down and use precut images.  The above is grunged somewhat so it doesn't look like it did originally.  Hopefully.

cynthia and co. | altered art book
 Above I used feathers to mock the hat she is wearing.  To age them I painted with acrylic paint.

cynthia and co. | altered art book

The "story" I am telling is about a lady named Rose who loved to dress in hats and "rosy" clothes.  It takes Rose from cradle to grave.  All images are of different children and women - I took poetic license to make them appear to be the same person throughout time.

cynthia and co. | altered art book
As an older woman Rose still likes her hats! 
(Sometimes the urge to use a party hat overcomes me...I know they are overused but what can I say?)


cynthia and co. | altered art book
When Rose goes to Heaven she looks like her younger self...and now in Heaven she glows! 

cynthia and co. | altered art book
I don't think angels age.  Do they? 

cynthia and co. | altered art book

Another image I use a lot!  Crowns!
cynthia and co. | altered art book

Except for the photographs the embellishments for this book were originally new.  I did distress, paint, ink, tear, crinkle as much as possible to give the book a time worn look without totally scarring the  photos. Its sweet with a goofy madeup story...just a way for me to use the imagery of a rose.
In closing:

This is for my own Mother and to my Sisters..and
Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome Mothers, Sisters, Aunts, and Cousins out there...and if you were never a Mommy (like me) to all of those Puppy and Kitty Mommies, too.  May you  all have a relaxing and happy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment