Cynthia and Co.

Cynthia and Co.
"My Junk Inspired L I F E"

Monday

ATC Swap with Art Joy Stuff

Kimberly at Art Joy Stuff is hosting an ATC swap titled "April in Paris".  Today I mailed off my cards and decided to show you what I submit for this fun event.  It is a 6/6 swap so I made six cards of the same image which I designed on Photoshop (first) from one of my own CDV photographs.
cynthia and co. april in paris atc swap Art Joy Stuff 1
OK, first I have to apologize... I had to use my iphone camera and some of these images show better than others...sorry for the blurs...

If this little girl looks familiar it might be because I tried to  make her look like a baby Frida Kahlo.  The original photograph that I purchased showed this child with a slight hint of her own uni brow so I emphasized that stopping short of going totally cartoon-ish.  And Frida wouldn't be Frida without flowers in her hair and a dark cat sitting beside her so I added those elements to the Photoshop'd image.


cynthia and co. april in paris atc swap Art Joy Stuff 2

The quote I used is, of course, one of Frida's quotes.  When I researched her I found most of her famous sayings were a little dark in mood so I was happy to find this more care-free quote to use for little baby Frida..."feet what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?"


cynthia and co. april in paris atc swap Art Joy Stuff 3

I bought the original CDV because she reminded me of my niece, Gina, as a child.  Beautiful child and beautiful adult with a sweet kind face...I think Frida must have been a sweet baby as well.


cynthia and co. april in paris atc swap Art Joy Stuff 4

Frida Kahlo has been a favorite with altered artists for a long time.  I have never ventured into that genre until now but I can honestly say I had a great time working on this.  When I have received the cards back from other artists who participated I'll post them here so you can see the other wonderful ideas and visions folks came up with...


cynthia and co. april in paris atc swap Art Joy Stuff 5

The last few photographs are from the first card I made - and decided not to enter into the ATC swap with Kimberly.  It was "cute" but didn't have as many embellishments and was flat - not 3-D except for the glaze I used to make the child stand out more.


cynthia and co. april in paris atc swap Art Joy Stuff 6

The little girl for this card came from Lisa's Altered Art Creations and I added background, overlays etc. for the theme of April in Paris.  No Paris themed project would work without an eiffel tower monolith looming in the background - oui?  And because she is holding a parasol I added the caption "rain or shine".


cynthia and co. april in paris atc swap

cynthia and co. april in paris atc swap Art Joy Stuff 7



Here is a link to Art Joy Stuff:


Here is a link to Lisa's Altered Art:




2 comments:

  1. I just received my ATC swap goodies and I have one of yours in my collection. Was so glad to read this post on the image. Your ATC is adorable and I will treasure it..I love these swaps. I'm hoping to be in Paris next summer..my son will be transferred to Germany for 3 yrs so I plan to visit Thanks again and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvia. Thanks for stopping by...I too had such a great time with Kimberly's swap... can't wait for the next one. When I get a chance to take pictures I'll
    post all of the cards I received so eveyone can see my little treasures!!! Thanks again. Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete